The Kombolcha Institute of Technology is run under the Wollo University in Ethiopia. The Kombolcha Institute of Technology is also known as KIOT. The Kombolcha (Amharic: ኮምቦልቻ) is a city and woreda in north-central Ethiopia. Located in the Debub Wollo Zone of the Amhara Region,
Wollo University is one of the federal universities built among a group of 2nd generation Universities in Ethiopia. Being located in the South Wollo Zone of the Amhara State, the University is designed to be a center of learning and research in a wide range of fields to meet the growing demand of trained manpower of the country.
Kombolcha Institute of Technology
- Wollo University and Kombolcha Institute of Technology offers courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. To educate prospective graduates, provide knowledge and develop skills in technology, engineering, planning and design for the industry and economy.
- The College of Engineering was established in the year of 2007 under the aegis of KombolchaInstitute of Technology (KIoT), Wollo University. The Kombolcha Institute of Technology is located in the city of Kombolcha having one metalworking factory, one brewery, two textile plants and one industrial park. The city is well connected by road, rail in the near future and has a domestic airport. KIoT is, of course, one of the tenth IoTs in Ethiopia working to outshine in engineering sciences, technology and innovations. The college begins with four engineering departments under its banner.
- Since then, it has progressed significantly and has expanded to the current status of seven engineering departments, catering well for the fulfilment of the requirements of the Ethiopian industrial and technological development. Right from the time of its inception, the college has not left any stone unturned in carving a niche for itself in the field of technical education and has made its presence felt in the technical horizon of the region.
- It offers undergraduate engineering programmes (BSc.) in seven disciplines, viz. Architecture, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Water Resource& Irrigation Engineering and Textile Engineering. Besides, the college launches postgraduate programs (MSc.) in Computer Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Production Management, Textile Manufacturing, Textile Chemistry and Geotechnical Engineering.
- The courses offered in the institute are in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the Ethiopian Ministry of Education and are designed well to cater the industry’s urgent demand of skilled professionals, instilling in them the drive, skill and confidence to become the leaders of tomorrow. The college is strongly rooted in a philosophy of training and research that emphasizes the intimate relationships between knowledge and its application and seeks to promote the creation of an ideal society.
- To become a pioneer college in 2025 in teaching, academic research, technology transfer and community service at country level in the area of Information Communication Technology through offering locally relevant and internationally consistent programs aiming at contemporary learning.
- To produce competent and excellent workforce who can support the country’s growth and transformation in the area of Information Communication Technology, to carry out research addressing ICT real life societal problems, to provide community service, and to offer consultancy and training services in the specialization of the college.
List of Departments Under Engineering College:
- School of Civil and Architecture
- School of Chemical and Mechanical
- School of Textile Pre-Engineering and Allied Fields Coordinator Office Electrical and Computer Engineering
Address / Location KIOT is the Institute of Technology in south Wollo in Kombolcha.
- Address: kombolcha, South Wollo, Amhara, Ethiopia
- Phone: +251335512478 +251338514154 P
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- P.O.Box: 208,